- State-Of-The-Art Carpet Cleaning System: We use a professional, truck mounted system which is the preferred method recommended by the National Rug Institute. Our unit heats the water to 240°F killing bacteria and other pollutants and has the power to properly extract the dirt, water, and chemicals so there is NO crunchy chemical residue left behind to attract dirt and stains.
- Pre-Inspection: We will inspect your particular areas of concern as well as noting carpet construction and soiling conditions. We will also advise you of any possible permanent staining that exists and give a final quote prior to starting.
- The only time the initial quote doesn’t match is if a customer fails to mention certain stains or wear pattern areas upon initial booking
- Pre-Spot Treatment: Traffic areas and spots are pre-treated for more effective soil and spot removal.
- Pre-Groom: Stained or soiled areas will be pre-groomed with a carpet groomer to further loosen soil in the traffic areas.
- IF selected: More severe wear pattern areas will be buffed to further aid agitation of the chemical into the affected areas.
- Extract & Rinse: Once the soil has been loosened, our state-of-the-art truck-mounted hot water extraction process will thoroughly rinse the carpet pile. Pressure and heat are regulated at the machine to ensure that your carpet is never over-wet.
- Post Spot Treatment: If any spots are not removed during the cleaning process, specialty spotting techniques are employed after the thorough cleaning has been performed.
- Note: Permanent stains that have been identified by our service technician in the pre-inspection may in fact be permanent. Many times the owner unintentionally “sets” the stain permanently by using the wrong chemical to get it out. It’s always best to contact us for FREE stain treatment advice prior to trying to remove it yourself. We use a professional stain guide that is very effective. This works for pet stains and other specialty stains.
- Post Inspection: Please walk through your home or business to inspect our work. Let us know that you are thoroughly pleased by signing our service invoice.
To ensure your cleaning goes smoothly please do the following:
- Pre vacuum all large debris. Popcorn kernel sized or larger as it will get stuck in the wand.
- Pick up all electronics, computers, and electrical cords
- All furniture (couches, coffee & end tables, etc) should be moved out of the room(s) you need cleaned prior to arrival.
Yes, we can absolutely help move certain items IF needed, for an additional charge, otherwise we will clean around the items remaining in the rooms.)
- We don’t move pianos, gun safes, or entertainment centers for insurance liability reasons
This is totally a personal preference. We personally recommend moving it IF:
- You typically rearrange your furniture often creating different wear patterns
- You have pets small enough to climb underneath the furniture
- It’s been 2+ years or more since your last cleaning
Yes we do! We are happy to serve our commercial clients’ needs whether it is putting the final touches on a newly constructed place or are moving out of your current office and need to get it looking great for the new tenants. We are happy to serve your commercial cleaning needs.
- 4-6 hours if you do nothing at all
- 2-4 hours if you turn up the heat, employ overhead fans, and/or open the windows, depending on the time of year
- We typically employ High Velocity Air Movers during the job at no additional cost to help lower dry times while cleaning
- If quicker dry times are a concern we offer additional options to assist – *** ask your technician for details
- It’s typically recommended to try to stay off them until completely dry to avoid what is called “wicking back.” This phenomenon occurs if pressure is applied to wet carpets and the pad releases residual dirt or water causing stains to reappear.
- This typically only happens IF
- A) the carpets are overly wet and/or
- B) they are walked on prior to drying.
- To avoid this we use the minimal amount of chemical and passes necessary to clean the carpets and advise you stay off until they are dry.
- Ultimately it’s your home and we recognize sometimes you must walk on an area, but we recommend minimizing it as much as possible.
- Complimentary Plastic Booties are provided upon request to protect your clean carpet. If you know you may need to walk on them, just ask for a pair!
It’s recommended by the national rug institute to have your carpets professionally cleaned by a truck mounted steam unity every 6-12 months depending upon the following:
- Amount of traffic
- Age of carpets
- Wear pattern areas
- Are there allergies or other health concerns to consider?
- Pets and children? – We recommend every 6 months
- No kids or pets? – Every 12 months
- Ask your technician for specific recommendations tailored for your home
YES, absolutely. We love repeat business and it’s best to get on a regular schedule. Routine maintenance of your carpets is important to prolong the life of your carpets as well as the health of your family so let us know if you’d like to be put on a schedule.
Pet stains are a tricky thing and pet stain treatments can vary widely from company to company on type, method, and effectiveness, so education is key.
We recommend a full pet stain treatment which includes a four step process:
- Step 1 – Black light Service (the night before in pitch black)
- This is recommended because for every visible stain there is generally 2-3 more hidden you can ONLY see with a black light. IF you attempt to treat the stains with a neutralizer ONLY and not find them all first you’re VERY likely to make the issue worse before it gets better.
- Step 2 – Apply neutralizer
- Unfortunately there are many carpets cleaners who do ONLY this step but charge the same pricing as if they had done ALL the necessary steps to mitigate the pet stains, which is why asking about their methods and client education is key to keep from getting ripped off.
- Step 3 – Rinse and extract the neutralizer
- This is the step many carpets cleaners skip. To effectively remove the chemical from the carpet (and avoid re-soiling of the affected area). LARGE amounts of water are required to effectively remove the chemical and a water extraction tool (called the claw) is needed. We typically rinse each stain with approximately 3-5 gallons of water.
- This is obviously time intensive and why pet stain treatments (if done properly) are very time consuming and cost more than other treatments.
- Again, many carpet cleaners simply spray the neutralizer and extract with their wand like a normal carpet cleaning and this will NOT mitigate the issue properly.
- Step 4- Apply Amino Acid
- We use a tool that actually injects the amino acid below the surface of the carpets fiber into the backing and pad and all the way to the subfloor.
- The amino acid is the critical part of the treatment as it is a live organism that takes 48-72 hours to “eat” the urine crystals and also acts as a deodorizer that helps neutralize and or remove the smell.
- Not to be redundant or pushy, but again, if you skip this step you have “kicked the top of the weed off” without getting to the “root issue.”
- This is key to maximum odor removal on both carpets and upholstery
- Step 5 – Treat brown or yellowed carpeting
- Occasionally there is a yellow or browning that occurs with pet stain and a 5th and final step is needed to remove the discoloration.
- We understand sometimes finances are an issue, it’s a rental and you don’t want to spend the money, OR you plan to replace carpets eventually.
- In this event we will gladly spray a neutralizer only, if that’s what you need us to do, but we ask you to sign a waiver that you understand not treating it properly may in fact make the issue worse and to not hold Kung Fu Carpets liable. We unfortunately have to protect ourselves from liability should you choose this option and hope you understand.
- See Pricing page for pet stain pricing options